All NaturalNatural Ingredients
Baked Not Fried
Childhood Obesity - "Let's Move"At Jaxn's we recognize that childhood obesity is a growing problem in the U.S., and we applaud First Lady Michelle Obama's initiatives in decreasing the obesity number. When developing our products our primary goal was to create a tasty healthy snack alternative for parents and children. As we calculate the content in other snack, we are pleased with our:
- Nutritional Value
- 75% Less Fat Than Regular Potato Chips
- Twice-Baked and NOT Fried
- Made with All Natural Ingredients
- Gluten Free
- Preservative Free
- No High-Fructose Corn Syrup
- Low Sodium
As a company, our first step is admitting U.S. children and adolescents are nutritionally suffering. We encourage all to join forces with First Lady Michelle Obama's campaign "Let's Move". What is "Let's Move"? The "Let's Move" campaign is the First Lady's initiative to help kids eat healthier and exercise more.
Facts:- Overweight: having excess body weight for a particular height, taking into account fat, muscle, bone, water, and other combination of these factors.
- Obesity is excess body fat.
- Caloric Imbalance results in overweight and obesity. The imbalance is because of too few calories expanded for the amount of calories consumed. This imbalance can be influence by genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors.
- Childhood in the past 30 years has more than tripled.
- In 2008, it was reported that 1/3 of U.S. children and adolescents are obese or overweight.
- In 2007-2008 obese U.S. children and adolescents percentages: 18% ages 12-19, 20% ages 6-11, and 10% ages 2-5.
- The Children and Adolescent data represent 12.5 million. See PDF Chart obesity_child_07_08
Effects of Childhood Obesity:At higher risk factors for cardiovascular disease (high cholesterol and high blood pressure)
More likely to have Pre-Diabetes. This diabetes is found when your blood
glucose levels represent a high risk for diabetes being developed.
Increase bone and joint problems, sleep apnea, and social or psychological problems (stigmatization or poor self-esteem).
More likely to be obese as adults, thus making them at risk for heart disease,type 2 diabetes, stroke, and osteoarthritis.
Increased risks of cancer, including:o Breast
o Gall Bladder
o Hodgkin"s Lymphoma
Identifying the child's lifestyle influencer and asking the influencer to promote a healthy lifestyle change. Influencers can be parents, teachers, school nutritionist, beverage companies, childcare providers, and the entertainment industry.
Schools can provide interactive programs to teach students about healthy eating practices and the importance of increase physical activity.
First Lady Michelle Obama said, "Parents have told me -- I've seen it myself -- that they would love nothing more than to feed their kids more healthy foods, but if you don't live anywhere near a place that sells fresh produce, it's very hard to accomplish that goal." She believes small changes can lead to big results and offers her suggestions below:
Give kids healthier snack options
Reduce intake of sugary drinks
Drink more water
Encourage kids to drink low-fat milk
Slowly introduce fruits and vegetable
Provide parents with the tools to understand nutritional information
Kids should spend more time exercising and playing-having fun.
Kids should spend less time in front of the TV and gaming.
Jaxn's Twice-Baked Potato Stix fits the criteria for kids and families looking for less fat, but a satisfying fun snack to eat. We can help you achieve your family's desire for healthy eating. It is easy as 1-2-3...Lose the Fries, not the FLAVOR!